- Local plants suit local conditions.
- Maintain a diversity of food plants.
- Share knowledge and learn from locals.
- Collect planting materials locally.
- Use a mixture of plants throughout the garden.
- Grow dark green leaves.
- Grow some perennial food plants.
- Put the right plant in the right place.
- Many traditional edible plants also have medicinal value.
- Using local plants is low cost and offers easier availability.
- Attractive, well-illustrated publications can change attitudes.
- Use mulch and stop burning.
Food Plants International
38 West Street, Burnie Tasmania, AUSTRALIA 7320